Friday, April 22, 2016

2016 Campaign Against Cancer


A few weeks ago I played in the 2016 Campaign Against Cancer tournament in Centreville, VA. Our location was just one of several throughout the country raising money to fund cancer research. This was a deeply personal event for me: I lost my grandpa to melanoma (which metastasized into brain cancer) on September 15, 2010. So when I learned of this event in mid-January, I instantly signed up.


Wanting to try something new, I decided to fly Rexler Brath in a TIE Defender with Wampa and 3 Academy Pilots in TIE Fighters. It was more or less a disaster. Even with a 1st Round Bye and 6th Round win, I was thoroughly trounced and finished dead last. But since this was a fundraising campaign, I really can't complain. It was fun! It was enough to convince me to return to a pure TIE Swarm though.

Here are a few photos of the game play. I only realize now that I didn't get all the rounds, so I apologize for that.

Round 3



Round 4



Round 6


No comments:

Post a Comment