Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Holiday Starkillers Casually Serious X-Wing Tournament 2015


Back on December 12, I had the privilege of playing in the Holiday Starkillers tournament at the Anacostia Arts Center in Washington, DC. While I had played with friends a few times at home, this was my first foray into the world of Tournament Play. It was a blast, and I did better than I expected I would. I flew the most basic list you can think of: 8 Academy Pilots. Basic, no thrills, and thoroughly Imperial. 

Because this was so long ago, I have no idea what rounds correspond to the photos. So just enjoy the ensuing dogfight photos! 










When the tournament was all said and done, it was time to announce final standings and dole out the awards. I ultimately ended 15th or 16th place, but was surprised to learn that I'd killed the most Rebel ships of all the players present. For this, I was awarded the 2015 Force Choker trophy! To quote a great man, "It's a major award!"


::cue Throne Room music::

Overall, this was an awesome event and a great introduction into the world of X-Wing Miniatures Tournament Play. Many thanks to the players who were kind and patient enough to put up with my newness and general inexperience. It was greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment